14 Posts

light from the shadows
155Posts
17Age
NonbinaryGender
5' 9Height
WarlordGroup
EssairHouse

When one door closes, another one opens. And if it doesn't, kick the bitch in.

Well, yes. Kass tried not to look too 'you don't say,' at Sandalio mentioning that bit about having to pick him up. But everything hurt, anyway. It wasn't like it'd be much different, just, perhaps hurt a little extra for a moment or two, and that was fine. Hey, when it was gone, and it had gone back to its normal level of hurting, maybe it'd feel like it hurt less. That was absolutely how that worked.

But, he'd won that argument, it'd seem, for better or worse, and he tried not to hiss too loudly, once Sandalio had decided on the hows and got him up. Because yes, that did hurt a good deal more than before, but it wasn't as if Kassandros hadn't been expecting that. He just grit his teeth and dealt with it. It wasn't like it'd be all that long before he set him back down.

Ah, see, that didn't take very long. He did loose a somewhat-loud huff, as he got put down, and then breathed in. The light flashed, his aura suddenly shooting up in level, swirls of sparkle clustering around him. The light was apparently very happy to see him, but it wasn't like Kass could make out what it was saying, at the moment. It was all just buzzing in his head. It'd probably make more sense later, when he didn't have a headache. Or the light wasn't so excited.

His forearms did start glowing, a bit, under the bandages. That wasn't his doing, so it was just as well. He did hold his arms out slightly, so the worry-Macenian over there could see them healing, arching one eyebrow slightly. It was a good idea, see? Even if it did somewhat sting. Kass did flex his hands, and then winced and stopped. That hurt a little. It was hard to say, for sure, but he had a feeling his ability to hold onto anything, particularly heavy things like swords, was going to be seriously impacted. There went his military career. ... not that Kassandros was terribly attached to it, but nobody in the military really was.

There were many things that weren't ever going to be the same again, but at least his house was okay. There were a bunch of scents he didn't recognise, some that he did, but didn't remember them being so strong... hmm. He thought that thread, there, was Icarus... and this one seemed to be Cygnus. For a moment, he almost went to ask Sandalio if he could go get them, but, he wasn't sure how to charade that, and he ended up frowning, instead. Um.

I'll go get Icarus and Cygnus, I got it! the light chirruped. Kassandros looked slightly surprised, as the sparkles zipped off across the ground, into the house, following the light from the windows as it splashed onto the tiles. Ah, at least he could still make sense of what it said, once its excitement had died off a little. ... well, apparently the light was going to handle that. Kassandros did have to wonder if Icarus and Cygnus could even hear it, but he supposed that was for the light to worry about. Meh. He kind of liked that hug thing, so instead, he shrugged, and scooted over there, and went back to hugging the worry-Macenian.

That was his new nickname. The worry-Macenian. Yes.

In the interim, the light sparkled and twinkled at Icarus' feet, hoping to get his attention. Icarus Icarus Icarus can he even hear me... hmm... I think so - ICAAAARUUUUS HEY HEY, HELLO, HEY! It wasn't like Icarus and the light talked a lot. It had to make sure he knew he could hear it.

123Posts
24Age
MaleGender
6'2''Height
CommonerGroup
EssairHouse

Sandalio noticed the slight glow to the bandages when Kassandros showed him - it was obviously a none-too-subtle attempt to tell him that he worried too much because the light was obviously helping him heal. Sandalio appreciated the sentiment but found himself a little worried despite that. Maybe that was just goign to be a default state for a while - worried about the things that could go wrong, whether they were actually going to go wrong or not.

He thought it was completely valid to be worried given everything that had happened, but of course to Kass it seemed like he was worrying about mostly nothing. That was probably one of those things they just weren't going to quite agree on.

Sandalio had originally settled down not far from Kass, sort of trying not to crowd him. It ended in the blond scooting over to him and hugging him again, which, okay that was fair. Sandalio loosely draped an arm around Kass in a hug and just... tried to relax.

It helped that for the first time since all this happened he felt like he could breathe at least a little better. That was... hm. That was probably at least some amount of stress being lifted off of him. Ah. Well that was not surprising, really.

"I'm glad the light is helping some." Just, saying that yes. Because he was glad and it meant that he was... apparently not wrong to yield to this desire to come out here anyway. Always good to know, since Sandalio sort of expected this wasn't going to be the last time that Kass wanted to come sit in the sun before he was able to walk on his own.

Icarus was working on a bit of correspondence, one of the last few things that he'd needed to get completely worked out before they prepared to leave for Saqqara, aside from sorting out the transport part of it which... he hadn't gotten there yet, admittedly. Anyway, this was something easy and it didn't require him to get out and deal with anyone and it was necessary to get done anyway.

His pen stilled and confusion crossed his expression as Icarus thought he heard something calling his name. The sound came again, and the teen set the pen down, frowning slightly to himself. It was then that he noticed the light rather noticiably moving at his feet in a way that was clearly not natural.

"Uh... hello?" He was listening very carefully, attention focused on the light pooled at his feet. Either it really was talking to him, or something else strange was going on, or he was going slightly out of his mind. ... Icarus needed to know which before he made any further judgements.

light from the shadows
155Posts
17Age
NonbinaryGender
5' 9Height
WarlordGroup
EssairHouse

When one door closes, another one opens. And if it doesn't, kick the bitch in.

Yes, so was he. There were, of course, a lot of other things the light couldn't help with, but that was part of living, even if Kass wasn't entirely sure he wanted to. Then again, if he hadn't lived, there'd be maybe too many very lost people in House Essair. Sandalio was perhaps at the top of the list, if only because he'd seemingly made his entire life revolve around Kassandros and it was sad, but it was what it was. When you'd spent your whole life being told what to do, and living for someone else, he supposed the logical response to being able to decide for oneself what they wanted was... living for a different someone else.

Kassandros didn't have to like it. Thing was, it wasn't his decision, it was the Macenian's, and trying to complain about it undermined the point he was trying to make. He knew that. It didn't make it any easier, and maybe Kassandros was in a similar boat, anyway. He'd always lived for his brothers. For the ones Dalmasca failed the same as it always failed him. The ones that didn't have a voice of their own.

The truth was, though, it was a distraction, wasn't it? Something to throw himself into that wouldn't normally get him into even more trouble to distract himself from the pain that living always was. But he wasn't strong enough, still, to handle it. He'd gone and found a distraction just as painful as what he was running from. Marcus was good for one thing. He did make it blatantly clear these were things Kassandros didn't have the ability to fight, just yet, and trying to would end in people getting hurt. Mostly just him.

Now he couldn't run anymore.

He smiled, a slight bit; it didn't reach his eyes, but it didn't have to. For now, he had bigger problems to deal with. Wincing all the while, he sat up a bit, holding a hand out. It took more work than he'd have liked, but he managed to make a light projection of a cup, and pointed at it. He could use a glass of water, but he obviously wasn't going anywhere just yet.

Heeeey, I gues you can hear me, the light mused, more to itself. The sparkling at Icarus' feet calmed down a little bit, though it was still clearly excited about something. Kassandros is awake. Just thought you ought to know. Okay, no, actually, he asked me to tell you. ... okay it was more like I decided I was going to tell you. Sandalio took him out to the garden cause he wanted to be in sunlight, like a lot a lot, it was sort of cute, they kind of argued about it. I didn't think those two were capable of arguing at all, but here we are. Oh, I didn't see that of course, darkness told me, and darkness is always around. Lucky darkness, always seeing everything. Rude kind of. You'd think the sun would see everything but nooooOOOooo. Oh! Kass also wanted to talk to Cygnus. I figured I'd go straight for you and you can tell Cygnus because I don't think Cygnus would be able to tell I'm talking to him yet. Or maybe he could. And I'm talking a lot. Has anyone mentioned I'm kind of hyper? It's been so boring with no one to talk to. I should try talking to you more. Yeah. ... maybe.

... maybe not.

123Posts
24Age
MaleGender
6'2''Height
CommonerGroup
EssairHouse

Blink. Oh actually that made sense and Sandalio felt a little silly for not thinking of it sooner. Then again, he'd been pulled into that small argument about coming out here to begin and it sort of derailed the order of things that probably should have happened given his just coming into wakefulness.

"I'll be right back then." Sandalio murmured. ... He didn't really want to let go, but water was more important than his not wanting to go away. Besides, it wouldn't take that long, and they were well within the ring of guards that kept an eye on things around the house so it would be fine. He was just... paranoid for lack of a better term. Yeah, that was accurate.

Sandalio carefully rose from where they were sitting together and went back inside the house, heading straight for the kitchen. Maybe a pitcher of water, actually, just in case he ended up wanting more, because it was pretty likely he would, being totally honest about it. And having more on hand would mean he didn't have to get up again and leave and... well. Maybe for now that would be nice. Just not having to be away from him any more than he absolutely had to be for the moment.

Oh for the love of the gods that little ball of light spoke quickly. Icarus managed to parse out most of it, enough of it that he didn't have to ask any questions which was... probably a good thing because he was almost certain that if he asked for something to be clarified or repeated that the flicker of light would just never shut up again.

He should be nicer to it, after all the light had just told him good news. Kassandros being awake was very good news. It was just... also very loud. Okay. Icarus had no idea he could hear the light, and honestly wasn't sure what to make of that fact. Maybe it didn't... really matter just now.

"You're welcome to share things with me if you want." Icarus had a feeling he may regret that eventually. "We'll go tell Cygnus together, hm? And then we can go see Kassandros." After all, if Sandalio was with him then he was safe, and while Icarus wanted to see him now Cygnus should also be there for that. They were triplets, dammit.

Icarus rose from where he was sitting then and started heading towards where he hoped to find Cygnus at this time of day.