19 Posts

26Posts
24Age
MaleGender
6'Height
WarlordGroup
EssairHouse

Uhh.

The only unfortunate thing about stealing this particular thing to do from Icarus was, Nero had no idea where, exactly, House Wynbrandt was. (Smart, right?) This led to a lot of wandering around, and eventually, he kind of gave up and asked someone down at the docks. Someone at the docks was very likely to know where the house was, or at least what emblem Nero should be looking for, but fortunately, that got him going the right way. As soon as he found the gate with the Wynbrandt emblem on it (it was that weird diamond-looking one), and made his way in.

Eventually, he met the small bean. Right, the Wynbrandts were very short...
"Oh, my gosh," the other started, "you, are like, Nero Kenleigh, and stuff! Holy crap???"
... oh gods, it was going to be one of those days... "Just, Nero," he said. "House Kenleigh is gone."
"Okay, Mister Ken - Mister Nero!"
"Just Nero," he repeated.
"Right, okay. ... wait, why are you at my house?"
Nero tried not to laugh, but that was kind of amusing. "House Essair sent me," he said, holding up the cobra armband. ... well, sort of sent him. It was more, he'd grabbed an armband and told Icarus he was going, and that was that. Icarus had plenty of other things to be concerned about, right now. "I'm here to bring Pantheras home." He still limped, a bit, but he could still whip a brigand or two, and all things considered, it was probably better that Nero went instead. If anything went wrong, Nero could probably handle it.

"Oh!" Yishai looked surprised for a moment, and then a bit sad. "... okay. I think he's upstairs."
"Hey, not like you can't come by and see him sometimes, right?" Nero asked. And... well, something told him, the Tran twins weren't going back to Jihon anytime soon.
"I guess," Yishai answered, still looking a bit down. "Pantheras!" he called, a bit louder at the base of the stairs. "House Essair's here!" So, this was it, it was time for him to go reunite with his brother and stuff.

And Yishai was going to try not to be sad about it. It wasn't really his place, anyway.

15Posts
22Age
MaleGender
5'8''Height
UjalinGroup
TranHouse

Pantheras had gotten used to being here quicker than he'd really expected to. It was quiet here, and the people were nice. ... Yishai was actually really sweet if a little confusing because people just didn't treat their slaves the way he did and yet.... he did and that was perhaps the most confusing thing that had happened to him here in Dalmasca. But to say that he minded would be a lie, because Pantheras found that he didn't mind this set up nearly as much as he'd been afraid he might.

But he wasn't supposed to stay here, and he knew that. Eventually he was going to be taken to yet another unknown place. But Helene had said Essair was okay, and Pantheras wanted to believe her. ... Still, some part of him preferred what he'd gotten used to to yet another unknown, even if it supposedly came with the promise of his brother.

On the other hand he did want to see Hien it was just... well. He was also incredibly nervous to see him again, despite all his excitement. Pantheras wasn't a person anymore, and he wasn't sure how his brother was going to react to all the ways he'd changed since he disappeared. Oh, sure, he wanted to be able to pretend that nothing had happened, and he wanted to be able to go home with Hien but...

He had friends here, and there were things about him that really wouldn't ever be what they'd once been, and Pantheras had to admit that that scared him a little. 

Theras was helping with some light cleaning upstairs when he heard Yishai's call from below. ... Well. Apparently it was time whether he was ready or not. 

It didn't take long for Pantheras to retrieve those few small things he'd brought with him from the brothel and then come down the stairs to see the person who'd come to retrive him. The teen blinked a few times before offering a fractional smile. "Oh, you." He did remember this one, this was that nice guy who'd ended up spending like an hour just talking with him, which was the weirdest thing anyone had done while he was at the brothel, still, for the record.

Some tiny part of him relaxed a little, seeing someone he actually knew. "Didn't expect to see you here." But given he'd kind of forgotten the guy's name maybe he was just uh, not remembering.

26Posts
24Age
MaleGender
6'Height
WarlordGroup
EssairHouse

"How's uh... how's Kassandros?" Yishai eventually asked, somewhere in there.
"Still breathing," Nero answered. "A little bit stronger every day. Barring something going unexpectedly wrong, he should pull through just fine." As of now, though, the eldest triplet didn't seem interested in dying like this, and all things considered, Nero didn't blame him, even if all this was only subconscious. It wasn't a way Nero would want his worst enemies to die, let alone a fair friend and a decent man.
"That's good," Yishai replied, nodding a bit. "Momma's not too worried. I guess she doesn't have to be."
Nero shook his head slightly. "Kassandros is stronger than that. Just believe in that, I suppose." It was easier that way, he thought.

Ah, and there was Pantheras. He was a little older than when last Nero saw him, but not by much. Unlike Lucius, though, Nero had never gotten attached to any specific slave from that brothel; Lucius had found The One, it'd seem and refused to let go. Nero on the other hand simply made a habit of snagging whichever one happened to be available at the time. Once, Pantheras was the one that was available at the time. "Yep," he said. "Me. Wasn't expecting to see you here, either, but it's kind of nice." Kind of, because it tended to be unfortunate, to separate them from the rest of the brothel like that, but Kassandros would do what Kassandros did.

15Posts
22Age
MaleGender
5'8''Height
UjalinGroup
TranHouse

"It is." Pantheras agreed with a tiny smile before it faded back to a very neutral expression.It was nice to see him and it was almost comforting. But he was... also pretty sure someone had said that he'd... died? Maybe that was someone else. Pantheras was actually kind of bad at these names, being fair, especially since he'd only... met most people once or twice.

Still, the guy that bought him and then just wanted to talk, he kind of stood out in Pantheras' memory. Not many people would spend the money to do that, even if they had it to spare, and the kindness stood out to him. 

He really wanted to see Axelius again though. And some part of him was worried that since he was now in a house they may not find each other again. That was actually really a sad thought. Pantheras tried to push it out of his mind for the moment, because it wasn't as if there was much that he could do about the situation. It wasn't like he was in a position to ask for more given this was already to be considered a favor, being brought back to his brother.

His gaze turned to Yishai. "This has been really nice." He actually meant that by the way. "I'm really glad I got the chance to get to know you." He was, for a lot of reasons, starting up there with Yishai was actually a really nice kid. And honestly... he was kind of sad to be leaving, because he did like Yishai quite a bit.

He should probably have known better than to get attached, given he'd known all along this wasn't supposed to be a permanent place. But then again, he'd found Yishai to be very difficult not to get along with, so maybe this was more-or-less inevitable. 

16Posts
19Age
MaleGender
5' 5"Height
MerchantGroup
WynbrandtHouse

If I gave you the truth, would it keep you alive; though I'm closer to wrong I'm no further from right; and now I'm, convinced on the inside, there's something wrong with me.

Apparently, they were somewhat familiar with each other.

Somehow, that was comforting. It wasn't like Yishai was worried. House Essair were a good house, and he knew Nero was a good guy (he'd saved his butt a few times out in the street, and Shai really wasn't the only one). He also remembered Nero's mother being a nice lady, and it was a shame she was gone now. (Why Nero wasn't, that wasn't for Yishai to know, he figured.) Still, going to a new place and experiencing new things was sometimes pretty scary, especially if you had to do that more or less blind. Not knowing at least one person at the new place was difficult, so it was nice to know Pantheras did know at least one of them.

Nero really didn't strike him as the type, like, he seemed like he'd have no trouble getting plenty laid, but what did Shai know.

Not much.

"Hey, he was right, yeah?" Yishai said, smiling. "I can come by and say hi sometimes. At least until you go back to ... wherever you're from, and that, but maybe getting used to being free again, first, is a good idea." There was time. Maybe not a whole bunch of it, but there was some. "I like Kassandros and his brothers, you'll be okay. Try not to be too nervous, they're about as weird as we are, at least, so it shouldn't be that much different." No, probably not.
"I believe you're getting your own room, though," Nero mentioned. "... oh, name's Nero, by the way." He may be blanking. (Brothel slaves met a lot of people.)
"... he'd forget? You're YOU!" Yishai exclaimed.
"He's met a lot of people in a few years, okay, be nice."
"Oh! Right." Yeah, he forgot that happened...

"Oh! One more thing," Yishai said, "Kassandros is very good at reuniting people. So if there's anyone else you know that you want to see again, like friends you've lost or other relatives you got separated from, whatever, Kassandros can probably help. He knows everything. ... okay, maybe not everything everything, but a lot of things." Yes.

15Posts
22Age
MaleGender
5'8''Height
UjalinGroup
TranHouse

"Jihon. ...If you were wondering." That hadn't come up, but Pantheras saw no reason not to share it. He was from Jihon and honestly maybe... that wasn't going to end well, going back. But he also knew they kind of had to. He and his brother were the oldest and were thus the ones who were supposed to inherit. Pantheras sort of wondered if his brother would expect him to take his place back at the top because honestly he wasn't certain that he could.

But it was a nice thought that Yishai might be able to come and visit at least a few times before they left. It depended though entirely on how much of a rush Hien was in to return. 

Pantheras accepted what Yishai said. There wasn't much to say there. Ah, and he was appreciating the name. Nero. This was Nero. Okay. And that exclamation almost made him feel bad for not remembering, and that was probably evidenced in his expression. But Nero didn't seem bothered by it - and he was right, of course. Pantheras had met a lot of people, and if he only met someone once for an hour or so... remembering them later was difficult.

The only reason he really remembered Nero at all was how strange the encounter had been. But maybe just not discussing that because it wasn't really Yishai's concern and he wasn't sure the other would want to know anything about his time in the brothel anyway.

Blink. "I'll keep that in mind." Tempting thought, really. But being reunited with his brother was already a lot, and it seemed wrong to ask for even more from the guy. "Ah, but I would like to see you again." Yes, for the record, he thought saying that outright was a good idea.

16Posts
19Age
MaleGender
5' 5"Height
MerchantGroup
WynbrandtHouse

If I gave you the truth, would it keep you alive; though I'm closer to wrong I'm no further from right; and now I'm, convinced on the inside, there's something wrong with me.

"Well, you know, he knows stuff when he's awake..." Yishai corrected. He did have to remember, Kassandros wasn't up for knowing or doing much of anything right now, and he was allowed. On the one hand, though, Yishai was trying to forget it, but on the other hand, it was very difficult to, so he had this strange remembering it and not, thing going on.

Nero snorted, softly. "Yeah, I suppose you wouldn't have heard," he said, rocking back on his heels slightly. "Kassandros is currently in a coma. Unfortunately, we're not sure how long he'll be down for, but, all the slaves in House Essair were freed just before, so you're probably free already." That made the most sense. He hadn't looked, but, he probably didn't really need to. "Which... might be kind of confusing, you're not likely to get house duties or anything. Either way, really. My brothers still hadn't by the time Kass freed them, either."

That sounded right to Yishai. "Well, my parents agreed to poke in on them here and there," Yishai mentioned. "House Essair, I mean. They do a lot looking after us, so my parents wanted to look after them, while the triplets are in Saqqara. I wonder if they're still going... hmm. Anyway, Icarus should be running the house, now, so I'll probably go by to see if he needs anything." Yeah. Icarus was pretty capable handling things, Yishai was sure, but if he or his house could help keep Essair afloat, Wynbrandt wouldn't mind doing it.

They sure spent a lot of time saving other houses. Wynbrandt included, if Yishai remembered right. It was only right, and they did like Essair.

15Posts
22Age
MaleGender
5'8''Height
UjalinGroup
TranHouse

Well that would certainly put a damper on any ability to help locate a friend of Pantheras' ... not that he'd planned on actually asking but the point remained. It was just as well, since apparently Kassandros was unconscious. That was.. well. He didn't know the guy, of course, but he had to wonder sort of distantly what had happened there. It wasn't his concern, and he didn't ask, of course, but the question was there in the back of his mind for sure.

And that was just a confusing thought. He'd been freed? Essair had really bought him just to free him directly after? That seemed so completely strange to him, even if that had been what Yishai thought happened. It still seemed incredibly bizarre to Pantheras. And yet it had happened, apparently?

That did only manage to reinforce his wondering about how long he'd be in Dalmasca once he was reunited with Hien though. But he really did want to see Axelius again. The other had gotten him through a lot of shit that he wouldn't have been able to survive without the help Pantheras didn't think.

Pantheras nodded at that. "That makes sense." Taking care of the house in return for the things that it had done for them in the past. The teen didn't really have to know what had been done for them to understand the want to repay the kindness. "I look forward to it then." Seeing him a few times before they left would be nice.

The teen took a deep breath and reminded himself that he'd gotten this far, he'd made it through everything to this point. This should be the easy part. Reuniting with his brother should be the least stressful thing he'd had to do in years. And it was, it was a relief. But it was also it's own level of stress because Hien mattered. And what if he didn't like what Pantheras had become?

"I hope that Kassandros heals alright." It seemed safe, given they both seemed to like this Master Essair. Saqqara though? Interesting.

26Posts
24Age
MaleGender
6'Height
WarlordGroup
EssairHouse

"Good, cause it'll happen for sure," Yishai said. "I'll bring some of mom's cookies." Everyone loved her cookies. Maybe they'd help Icarus feel a little better. He hoped so.

Nero looked amused, actually, and then nodded slightly. "So far, he seems to be. Not much for it but to keep him stable and wait, unfortunately, but hopefully you'll get to meet him at least once, before you go." Nero hadn't been in Hien's presence very long, though, and he seemed kind of in a hurry to go home. "And for what it's worth, I hope this goes well." As much as Kassandros did seem to enjoy reuniting lost ones with family, sometimes, things just didn't work out. And Nero knew the Jihonese. He knew their views on slaves and slavery itself, and he knew this was unlikely to go very well, at least at first, because in reuniting them, Kassandros was silently flipping Hien's world onto its ass and asking him to rethink everything he thought he knew. ... maybe not even asking, maybe with this aggressive a move, he was more demanding it, because there wasn't much Hien could do to ignore this one.

It was kind of a shame. This would depend on Hien and how willing he was to admit he was out of his element in a very real way, because it was either that or he was going to make a few blunders, and maybe a few of those blunders would be... bad. Nero could just hope otherwise, but, he knew better than to hold his breath, all the same.

"Out of curiosity," he started, "I heard the pink one got moved some time ago. Ever happen to hear where to? You two were friends, at least, if I remember." And maybe seeing one another again, before they were separated for good, that might be a nice thing? Heck, what'd he know? But it did sound like something he'd want.

15Posts
22Age
MaleGender
5'8''Height
UjalinGroup
TranHouse

Pantheras smiled at the thought. Yishai coming by and bringing cookies from his mom seemed ... like a strange thought but also very nice somehow. It was definitely an odd contrast to the fact that this was apparently kind of a dire situation, surrounding the Essair home but, well. That was fair enough.

"Hopefully." And he also hoped that this went well because he wasn't sure how to handle the fact that even Nero wasn't entirely sure it would. That did... sort of serve to enhance his own nerves, but he tried to keep that to himself. It wasn't like that was Nero's problem by any means. 

Ah. That got a slight deflate before Pantheras perked up and shook his head firmly. "No, unfortunately I have no idea. Axelius was taken to a house and I'm not sure which one." Or what happened to him afterward. He'd never come back to the Brothel and it was impossible to know how he'd gotten along at that house or if he was even still alive. It was possible he wasn't, after all. Axelius had some very particular ideas and it was possible that the wrong new master would eventually have killed him.

Maybe not, he was smart and probably knew when to back down. ... Still. "I don't expect I'll ever really know." Probably not. That was what happened when slaves were separated, after all. He didn't like it but there wasn't much of a point in dwelling on it, given it would only upset him even more to know that he wouldn't ever get the answer he hoped to get.

Pantheras really would have liked to see him again before they were separated forever. But well... there wasn't much for it now.