Einmanudur 15, 76
14 Posts

The Oracle of Nashret
7Posts
4,221Age
FemaleGender
5' 4"Height
CommonerGroup

Open your eyes, save yourself from fading away now, don't let it go.

Ah, she was just in time.

The corruption was quite extensive, she could tell. She hadn't bothered with a ship, instead opting to shift into her owl form, and fly in. It was much easier that way, to ensure the corruption in the sea didn't decide it wanted any vessel she could scrounge up. Besides, it was somewhat difficult to find a boat in Saqqara, and at least, if she flew, taking a shortcut across the continent instead of needing to go around the darn coast, it went a bit faster. The Guardians were, how you say, a bit adrift, and given she was the only one that knew who they all were, it was probably up to her, to go find them and bring them together. Quickly, too, before the corruption broke free of the confines of Galace.

The were, in her snowy owl glory, landed upon an undamaged ship mast, surveying the area. The Blackram Narrows were quite worse for wear, but part of it had been rebuilt. The sea floor was still littered with broken ship parts and corruption-mangled bodies, but there were fewer down there than she'd expected; likely, the work of Kemosiri's entourage. Yes, she knew he was here, too, but there was little Kasaya did not know.

A soft hoot, and the owl took off again, flapping her way onto shore. As she neared the sand, she dropped altitude, landing in a slight puff of sand, and then shifted hume. A moment of concentration, and her clothes swirled into place around her. Now, she needed to find Katsuya. Of all the Guardians, he was the most likely to do something immeasurably stupid, no thanks to the Ebondrake, and so she'd thought it prudent to start with him. The other three... well, they were certainly just as out of the loop as Katsuya was, but a bit less likely to try and aura-burst on their own. Together, they may survive, but alone, just one aura-bursting was exponentially more likely to kill, and they did not have the time to wait for another Guardian to be born and come into their powers.

Absently, she dusted herself off, loosing stray grains of sand, and then shuffled in a seemingly random direction, but she knew where she was going. She even looked like she did, too, striding across the coast with a sense of purpose. Then, when she found him, she meandered to the side, a bit, out of the way. Since she was here, she could perhaps assist in clearing the sea floor of corruption, being as she could remain underwater for quite some time.

He'd notice her sooner or later. Still, Kasaya was in no rush, albeit perhaps she should be.

Lenara

9Posts
34Age
MaleGender
3'6''Height
CommonerGroup

It was... always the Ebondrake, it seemed. Now this wasn't a surprising fact, the reality was they were quite the problem and in addition to the corruption that they helped spread, they were incredibly dangerous. They just didn't normally come this far south. They were getting bold, and it was making them far, far more dangerous. There wasn't much for that, of course, except continuing to fight them and the corruption back as much as possible but...

Katsuya had gotten an estimate of how many they lost in the last exchange already. And it was far more than the ships or the buildings and the docks.... though those things being lost was devastating too, for certain. Burning their dead, purifying the corruption. Cleaning up the debris from the waters of the Narrows. These things took time and manpower. With Kemosiri's help they had the manpower but time... mm.

Who knew how long they had before the Ebondrake struck again? That was impossible to guess, but served as the greatest concern at the moment. Well, that and the fact that the lingering corruption could start to root in them if they weren't careful enough. Even if they were, it was possible. They did, at least, mostly know how to get rid of it as long as it didn't root in too deeply. That didn't make it less of a risk, not really.

It was probably not a bad idea to take a short break here, as much as he wasn't exactly sure he wanted to stop what he was doing. A few minutes and a drink of water weren't a bad thing. It was while considering that that Katsuya first noticed the stranger nearby. He didn't like that he wasn't immediately sure how long she'd been there.

The Ilim approached after only a moment or two, expression relatively blank. "Can I help?" His tone seemed relatively warm, lacking the current of mistrust that he felt upon noticing her.

The Oracle of Nashret
7Posts
4,221Age
FemaleGender
5' 4"Height
CommonerGroup

She could be patient.

On the one hand, this meeting had waited this long, perhaps it could tolerate a few more hours. On the other, it'd waited this long. Her timing, of course, was terrible, but, at this rate, he wouldn't be anywhere near the Valley of Nashret anytime soon, and if the Ebondrake did choose to return for round two, it could be rather detrimental. But, she was here. Perhaps she could prevent such misfortune, and she'd noticed, of course, while flying in, Kemosiri's fleet seemed to be here. That would also be a boon.

Ah, seemed he'd finally noticed her presence. She gave a slight smile, and a tiny bit of a bow at the waist. "My name's Kasaya," she said. "Better known these days as the Oracle of Nashret. And we should talk." You know, the oracle that told the prophecy of the Messiah? She didn't point that out. The Galacese were often quite aware of this, others didn't need to be. It was almost as one of those, if you need to know, you do, if not, guess you don't, things.

"I can wait, of course," she added after a moment. "I'm quite skilled at water sorcery. Perhaps you could point out where at the sea floor is hardest for your Blackram to get to? I might be a bit of use." Perhaps, a bit. Of course, she shouldn't stay long. There were always people in Saqqara that needed her help, and she still needed to find the other three Guardians. Interestingly, she was fairly sure they all had a name that started with K.

She didn't expect that knowledge to be particularly useful to her. The problem was, she had a vague idea of where they all were, but it was quite vague, and she hadn't received any new visions in a very long time now.

9Posts
34Age
MaleGender
3'6''Height
CommonerGroup

Well that got his attention quickly. What was the Oracle of Nashret doing here? .... Then again she was the one who had had the vision that led to the prophesy about the Messiah in the first place. Katsuya stared at her for several moments, seeming to consider what she'd said for a moment. He still didn't really know what she wanted - given she'd said that they should talk, clearly it was something with or about him. But unless it was about the Messiah thing he didn't really know about.

Being fair it might be about the Messiah thing.

"I was taking a short break anyway. I can listen while drinking water." If it was important or if she needed directions to someone else or.... whatever the case may be. Just, putting that out there because it wasn't like Katsuya knew what she had in mind exactly. It was probably better to keep a somewhat open mind and let her lead that part of the discussion. She was, after all, the seer. Perhaps there was something she'd decided to share that would be helpful to him as he navigated this particular mess.

Or maybe not. Seers did have a penchant for not being terribly direct.

"I can certainly point out some of those areas too though." There were... several, probably. Andmaybe she could only help a little, he was sure that the Oracle had more important things to do than help them clean up here. Still, any help would be appreciated and they were working their way through the rest of it. Albeit it would take time. Maybe more time than they had before the next attack.

But that was their problem, not hers. Then again, at this rate, the Ebondrake were going to be everyone's problem he supposed. If they got passed the Blackram here, who knew what they'd target next. Katsuya was certain he didn't want to know. There was a reason they were engaging here and fighting them back, after all.

It just.... may not be enough forever.

The Oracle of Nashret
7Posts
4,221Age
FemaleGender
5' 4"Height
CommonerGroup

Ah, well, she supposed this talk was actually quite short, so maybe she could fit it in there, anyway. There wasn't much to it; you're not supposed to aura-burst by yourself, so don't do that, okay, moving on. ... did they even know they weren't exactly the Messiah? Maybe the gods hadn't mentioned that one, either, that was... going to make things complicated. Perhaps she should ask how much he knew. Then, of course, the Galacese may know more about this anyway, than the others, because the Galacese seemed to have a penchant for knowing more of the story than most.

"Well, I'm not too certain what you know and don't," Kasaya mentioned first. "But I do need to warn you, not to aura-burst by yourself. Alone, you are unlikely to survive it. The other Guardians should raise your collective survival rates quite high, and I think together, you'd all be okay." If he did not understand that last sentence, she supposed she had an answer for how much he knew. She'd make a face in the gods' direction, but, being descended from Oanke, as she was, she understood how fickle and stupid the gods could be, at times. Oanke had even been trying to help her bloodline; being related to Oanke had given them special powers, and from them were born the other seers, and incidentally, empaths, but it was dreadful, and Oanke had tried to ease the suffering it caused them.

She made it worse. On accident, to be fair. It didn't change the reality. Now, of course, Oanke wanted nothing to do with mortals, and while Kasaya understood why, she didn't think that was the answer. Especially not with something like this, like the Messiah and its Guardians. The world was falling apart, the gods were dying, and actually, they might yet even lose one of the other Guardians. It depended on his choices, whether they did or not, but Kassandros wasn't terribly good at being concerned for himself. That was Sandalio's job.

9Posts
34Age
MaleGender
3'6''Height
CommonerGroup

Blink. Blink. Uh. Well see that almost brought up more questions than it answered. .... Not that he'd had any questions that he was really aware of, so then there was that. Alone he wasn't likely to survive it? But as far as he knew there was only one Messiah, right? So he had to do it alone? He just.... probably wasn't ready. But then again this was The Oracle of Nashret and she would know better than anyone the details of this little mess.

So if the oracle said there was more than one then there probably was. How many more? Guardians... Katsuya couldn't say he fully understood what she meant. But that was also not the level of cryptic that was expected so maybe she would explain if he asked or expressed his confusion. Admittedly aforementioned confusion had crossed his face.

"So you're telling me there's more than one of us with the ridiculous amounts of aura?" Just confirming that as directly as he could. More than one Messiah, and they needed to aura-burst together not apart. Apart they would destroy themselves instead of surviving. Well, being fair about it, that was probably a good thing to warn him of because he'd been considering bursting in the face of the Ebondrake if the fight came down to it again like it had last time.

That last battle had almost pushed him into it. In some ways he felt guilty because he hadn't and they'd lost so many. But it wasn't hard to guess that releasing that much aura might have some backlash, and even if he hadn't been afraid of destroying himself there were some concerns that he could hurt his allies just as easily as he could hurt his enemies.

That happened with large, indescriminant attacks after all. And no one really knew what the aura burst would ultimately do at the epicenter, if nothing else. But if there were more of them then the potential for damage to their surroundings was even higher. "I guess that's good to know. Wouldn't want it to be for nothing." Ah, no. If there were supposed to be more of them maybe he wouldn't even make a large enough dent in the corruption by himself.

The Oracle of Nashret
7Posts
4,221Age
FemaleGender
5' 4"Height
CommonerGroup

He didn't even know that? Oh, dear. It was very possible the other Guardians also did not. This had gotten a little more complicated than she'd been expecting, a little bit quicker than she'd anticipated. Of course, it'd always been there, in the back of her mind, the possibility that they didn't really know anything, because the gods weren't known for sharing information like that. But their understanding the true meaning of the prophecy, it was important to them. Perhaps only to them, but at least, especially.

"Yes," Kasaya answered. "There are Four of you, Guardians blessed by, and descended from, the gods, with higher than average aura. You descend from Iuna, the goddess of life. Together, you create or become the Messiah, I am not entirely certain how the gods intended for that to function, but I suppose that's really up to you four. There is, as well, the Twilight's Edge, a powerful weapon imbued with the strength of the stars, intended to help you fight the corruption's puppets, like the Ebondrake, but I do not know where it is, or even what it looks like. You four should know it, when you see it, because it will call you."

As she understood it, the Twilight's Edge had no specific, single form, it took whatever form was most useful for it, or whomever was wielding it at the time, but that was only marginally helpful, and thus really more extraneous information, that perhaps was not important, just now. What was important, was apparently she should've come sooner.

The Gods really did just kind of throw them into the rivers without a boat. Admittedly, the gods had their own problems.

9Posts
34Age
MaleGender
3'6''Height
CommonerGroup

Katsuya was quiet while she spoke, taking in the new information. It was a lot to absorb really because there were a lot of things there that the ilim had never even considered to be possibilities that might come with this. Descended from the gods really? He was from Iuna specifcally which was fitting somehow and yet also left him with almost more questions than he'd started with.

So there were four of them. And they were guardians not the messiah itself. They either created or became the messiah when all was said and done. Well that was....these sorts of things might have been useful to know sooner. Finding the other guardians may well be something he should have been doing before the Ebondrake became such a large problem. But he hadn't and now it was like this.

Which of course, Katsuya couldn't blame himself for because it wasn't like he'd had any way of really knowing. So the four of them were probably walking completely blind up until now.

Twilight's Edge. A weapon? And they would know it when they saw it. Well that was descriptive. But he couldn't blame her for that either. Sometimes it was just... like that.

"...Descended from the gods." His brain just sort of short circuited back to that eventually. Not really surprising because sure the gods created the earth and those living on it but that wording implied an actual blood link and the idea was... well. Strange was putting it mildly at the very least. Katsuya took a couple of deep breaths, allowing himself to adjust to the change in his perception of reality. Nothing had actually changed, he knew that.

"Okay, I can work with this. It's good to finally know a little more about what's going on." More than the generalized existing to be rid of the corruption and spread magic. .... At least he assumed he was supposed to be spreading magic because he had yet to have a non-mage hang around him for more than a few months to maybe a year before becoming a mage. Then again, maybe that part was just a side effect of aura calling to aura.

"...Are the other guardians just as unaware as I was or...?" Maybe she didn't know, being fair about it.

The Oracle of Nashret
7Posts
4,221Age
FemaleGender
5' 4"Height
CommonerGroup

She supposed that might be something to trip over. It wasn't anything particularly impressive to her, but she'd also always been descended from Oanke, so of course it wasn't impressive to her. For normal people, though, she supposed that'd be something that was difficult to wrap one's head around. Honestly, she'd never thought about it, from a normal person's point of view, before. Maybe that was something of a personal failing; the insight could likely have served her well, here.

Then again... just as likely it wouldn't have.

That was good, then. Kasaya made a face, there, at the end. "I don't know," she answered. "I suppose it depends. Some of the gods might've tried to lead them a bit better. Some don't have time. The gods are dying, Katsuya. There may not be any of the original pantheon left, at the end of this." It was hard to say. "You're looking for Kassandros of House Essair, Kohaku of House Tachibana, and Kassidy of House Asheron. The Twilight's Edge may or may not take the form of a weapon when first you find it, so keep an open mind. Oanke tells me it takes the form of whatever sort of tool is most useful to the one whom holds it, and sometimes that isn't a weapon at all."

Unfortunately, she didn't really know much else about the Twilight's Edge, but maybe that was just as well.

9Posts
34Age
MaleGender
3'6''Height
CommonerGroup

Well that was it's own kick in the teeth, so to speak. The god were dying? "This mess with the corruption is throwing more off balance than I realized." He admitted quietly. That was the only thing he could think of, really, that would be causing that kind of damage to the pantheon. The world was destroying itself - and it's creators with it. That was ... man that made this even more of a percarious situation than he'd originally realized.

"That makes sense then." That they had been left in the dark, and that maybe there was just no one to explain things to them other than Kasaya. That also implied that he was the first she'd come to find. Well, depending on circumstances he supposed he may well be the most likely to do something stupid, being right here on the front-ishline with the Ebondrake.

Kassandros of House Essair, Kohaku of House tachibana, and Kassidy of House Asheron. The names meant nothing to him at the moment, but he carefully tucked them away in his mind. They were the other guardians. He wasn't really fond of the idea of looking for them for various reasons. Starting with his family was here and the Narrows were still in need of quite a bit of work to repair them.

"So you want me to go find them then?" Asking more directly. "I can't say I like it but...." He wouldn't argue with the Oracle, either. Liking it had little to do with the situation, honestly. "Though I have no idea where to begin." Not really.

Though Essair... and Asheron. Those names meant something. He'd probably be able to remember exactly what and extrapolate a location from that, but if the Oracle was feeling generous enough to help, he wasn't going to quibble about asking.