16 Posts

macenian snake
10Posts
34Age
MaleishGender
6' 3''Height
Blood FighterGroup
AsheronHouse

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I'm not afraid to go out that way, too.

So, they were basically a collar, without necessarily being a collar? That seemed... like an overcomplication, to him. But then, if it was really more meant to be a warning of some kind, a visual cue that messing with someone wearing one could be very dangerous (and House Essair didn't really dress its slaves like slaves, further complicating that), that was perhaps a lot better, overall, than a collar was. That was interesting. Axelius wasn't sure what to make of that, that someone had managed to make it somehow better. Well, he supposed if any house was going to, it'd be either Essair or Asheron.

Still, the idea that someone had made the collars less terrible, and more of a good thing, that was... surprising. Not? And still surprising. He had no idea how to take that, exactly. Maybe it didn't really make much difference.

Looks very put upon? Well, maybe that was cute, too, who knew. "Sounds cute, too," Axelius decided. "Also sounds like someone turned the collars into a good thing, and I'm really not sure how to take that." That was - that was odd. He'd get used to the idea sooner or later, maybe, with any luck... ah, door, right.

Of course, only a second or two after Lycaon tapped, Kassandros pulled the door open, smiled, took the envelope from Axelius, and then went to close the door. He did, however, pause, pulling the door back open a little, and said, "I scrunch my nose, too, sometimes." And then he closed the door.

Axelius made a face. "... you know, everyone says he knows everything, and I really didn't believe it until right then..."

13Posts
34Age
MaleGender
6'2''Height
CommonerGroup
EssairHouse

"I wasn't either. But at least it doesn't get in the way." Basically that was the extent of his caring about them. It wasn't around his throat and couldn't easily be used as a weapon against him, that was enough for him. If that was all that was asked of him, it was pretty damn minor, after all. So, well. He'd never bothered to consider it too deeply because it was just a thing that had been introduced as an expectation.

And given Essair had so few of them it was kind of silly to be picky about them. Or that was the way Lycaon felt about it so far at least.

Lycaon laughed a little when they were left alone in the hallway in front of the door. "Yeah he.... he does that." More or less. Kassandros and his knack for just knowing things was something to behold. No one ever really believed it until they were faced with it happening to them. Because who really knew everything, right?

Kassandros, apparently. Somehow. "But you got the answer you were looking for?" So there was that. Ah. "Is Miss Livia expecting you straight back?" He wasn't sure if Axelius had said anything about that earlier. If she wasn't really expecting him immediately back then it might be nice to spend a few minutes catching up.

It wasn't like they were likely to be in too much danger, and Lycaon could go back to doing that thing where he was watching the grounds even while talking. Just, you know, needed to go back outside for this part. Not that that was a big deal, given Kassandros clearly wasn't giving an immediate response to this letter from Livia.

macenian snake
10Posts
34Age
MaleishGender
6' 3''Height
Blood FighterGroup
AsheronHouse

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I'm not afraid to go out that way, too.

... ah, jeez.

Actually, as he just found, Axelius really loved the sound of his laugh. That was - that was bound to get complicated sooner or later, and something told him, he should take this one a little bit at a time. Attraction was not quite the same thing as a decent foundation for a relationship, after all, and they both had traumas they'd have to work through. But maybe no one could really help him through those the way Axelius could, because he had the same ones, and he knew what it felt like.

He didn't want to mess up. Besides, it'd be nice to have one of his friends back. It wasn't like Axelius had many of those. He hadn't even really seen his friends from the brothel since the last time he'd left. But that was how their lives went, really. They both had things to be doing, and far be it for him to try and steal all their attention. That was liable to get them both in trouble, but neither Livia nor Kassandros seemed to mind if he hung around here more often.

"I guess I did," Axelius answered. "And she's ... well, she might be, but as long as I'm back before nightfall, it'll be okay. I don't tend to go too many places, is all." He was too busy trying to save all his hessions, because he wanted to free Pantheras. (That guy didn't belong here. Axelius didn't know where he belonged, but it was not here.)

13Posts
34Age
MaleGender
6'2''Height
CommonerGroup
EssairHouse

Hm. Lycaon nodded at what Axelius said, accepting that answer. "That sounds good. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have something else you should be doing." And you know, making sure he wasn't going to get in trouble for not going straight back, that was a thing to. Asheron didn't really seem the type, and Livia got on well with Kassandros so he'd been relatively confident that it wouldn't be too bad. But still.

Asking rather than assuming that was always for the best given how percariously balanced their lives could be sometimes. The last thing he wanted was to accidentally make things harder than they needed to be for someone that he considered to be a friend, at the very least.

"But if you don't, then it might be nice to talk for a while." Catch up a little? Get to know each other again? Something like that, or a combination of the two. It might be nice to have a chance to make friends again? They both had the other people in their houses of course, and that was all well and good but they also.... likely understood each other in a way that others might not manage to.

For all that Lycaon wasn't sure he liked the idea of someone being around who knew full well where he'd come from, there was a relief in not being the only one who knew. Well, Kassandros seemed to know. But that went back to him knowing everything.

macenian snake
10Posts
34Age
MaleishGender
6' 3''Height
Blood FighterGroup
AsheronHouse

Ah, well, technically, he had plenty of other things he probably should be doing. Watching Livia was not quite as pressing, anymore, because Alcides had come back home (and Axelius was not at all surprised that he had), but he had a list of things he should be finding the time for. Nothing that was liable to get him in trouble if he ignored it, though, because Livia didn't have too many expectations. In fact, she might even be glad to find out that he'd accidentally reunited with a friend.

Livia seemed to mostly want them to be happy. And even if the reasons why weren't exactly all that altruistic (a happy slave was a productive one, as it turned out), he still found it relatively endearing.

"I thought so," he said. "Kind of neat to run into you. You have to go back downstairs though, huh?" It made sense to Axelius. He seemed to be part of the house guard (technically, that was also Axel's job), but he didn't mind going back downstairs much. Standing around in the sunlight wasn't much different than standing around in a hallway, after all, and technically, they could probably flop down somewhere, if they wanted to. (The Essairs didn't seem like they'd mind much.)

There was a lot to catch up on, he guessed. Well, maybe not as much as it seemed like. Axelius just ended up in a brothel and then did a stupid and fell in love with one of the others. And he shouldn't have done that, that was pretty stupid. Yeah. Nobody had to tell him that.

13Posts
34Age
MaleGender
6'2''Height
CommonerGroup
EssairHouse

Lycaon nodded in agreement. It was nice to run into Axelius, he could agree with that. From what he remembered he had a nice personality - and their conversation so far seemed to reinforce that. So that hadn't changed, even if a lot of what was around them had. And it was good to know that someone else from that god forsaken house had ended up in at least a reasonably good house. Nothing but good things were said about Asheron here in Essair, after all.

And Lycaon liked Essair so he was reasonably likely to take their impressions given a limited amount of personal experience.

"I should, yes." Lycaon admitted mildly. "Keeping an eye on the grounds and all. But there's some neat stuff to see out there, or we could settle down in the shade - there are a few places I can keep an eye on things without too much trouble." It wasn't like Kassandros was extremely harsh, after all.

In fact Kass would probably be glad that at least one of them found something to do with their time occasionally that wasn't more work. And he was... very about reunions. Even if he and Axelius weren't family Lycaon thought the point would probably be rather similar. Besides, Kass did know basically everything and hadn't seemed at all bothered to see the two of them together.

At any rate, Lycaon led the way back down the stairs. They could figure out if they wanted to settle down somewhere or not on the grounds probably, instead of right outside Kassandros' door. People did need to go in there sometimes, after all.