Please remember that Messiah is a collaborative site. We truly work together to build a single, cohesive world and story together. This means we will maintain our lore's integrity, and adding new things/changing existing things, while welcome, should be discussed amongst the entire player-base, if it will affect more than one character.
- Not every board is a fit for every player.
We recognize that not everyone will mesh with the site community and environment, and it's no one's fault, it just is. As such, however, we reserve the right to ask anyone to leave, for any reason, at any time. Any and all issues that arise with, or between, players, will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- No word count restrictions/requirements, no character caps, limits, or bans, no strict activity requirements, no required application.
Players that haven't been seen in over a month will be filed inactive. Another month of not seeing them will lead to deletions.
- Communicate with your fellow players.
Understand and remember that no one here is a mind-reader, and if one isn't feeling a thread, character, or plot, this will need to be communicated. One also cannot guess at another's plans for their characters, and where they want their story to go, so this will also need to be communicated if there's a specific goal in mind.
- No posting templates, no animated/moving images, no images within in-character posts, don't make the font size smaller than it is by default, no neon or otherwise blinding colors.
Please, and thank you.
- We allow mixed-media play-bys, but they are optional.
Do not steal artwork from someone else. Please try not to use images with clearly modern items in them; a few locations have such technology, but it likely doesn't look the same.
- Messiah is rated high-side PG-13/3.2.2. overall. It does go up.
While full mature content is optional, and users must opt into it to see it, we don't recommend this site for users under the age of sixteen (16), due to prevalent mature themes that can be difficult for a younger player to digest and make sense of.
Messiah draws heavily on historical sources. As such, one should have a fair understanding of real-world history to make the most sense of our site. A lot of Messiah also has a scientific basis, if not a historical one, so there are some logical patterns that its lore follow. One may need to ask questions for clarification and a better understanding of how we intend our site to operate. One is always welcome to ask these. We also do have a biography for those that wish to utilize one.
- Register your OOC name. This does not need to be your real name; we recommend it isn't.
- You can leave displayed name blank, it will use whatever is entered as username, but if you do this, it makes brute-forcing your password easier, so do make it strong.
- Click the ID card looking icon with the arrow at the top of the site, to the right in the banner. Then find and click Manage Characters.
- From this screen, click Create Character.
- The on-screen labels and things should be pretty straight-forward. If you need help, give someone a shout.
- Once done and ready to post with this character, tick the Ready to Play box at the bottom, and save. The character will then appear in posting drop-downs.
- While joining the Discord is not required, it is highly recommended, as we use our software's Discord integration capabilities to automatically post notifications in the Discord about new topics and posts, as well as site announcements, so it is a great tool for staying up to date on the go.
Welcome to Messiah!