Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages [1]

Empaths & Healing 90 Views
3 Replies
Started by Rehema, Apr 21, 2018, 08:11 PM
Rehema
No title
Apr 21, 2018, 08:11 PM / 145 Words
Hey there! I wasn't sure if this was okay or not, cuz I really don't want to do anything to muck up what's established on the board, but I have a character in mind that's a healer, and more than likely, an empath. HOWEVERRRR... only two family lines seem to have that ability on lock in humes, and I'm not sure if that would okay for a lowborn/lower class person to just randomly heal folks and junk (although I also had an idea for her to have a mentor after being abandoned as a child). It's really all up in the air, but I just wanted to be sure that doing the right thing. Obviously, you can still be a healer and stuff without magic, but it's always fun to have a unique twist on things.

dragonborn
we must stop killing each other
Staff
125 Posts 26 Years House Assad
that which does not kill me, had better run; because now i'm pissed.
Apr 21, 2018, 08:20 PM / 226 Words
well, one of those empath lines is open. the other is house kenleigh (Cyprian, Dimitrios, the only registered remnants of that house anymore), which fell icly before board start. house kenleigh's empathy had skipped several generations, and the only confirmed empath in the line, Cyprian, is completely untrained and unable to control it.

so, here's the slight caveat with empathy; only another empath can teach them to control it. it is extremely wild and makes it very difficult to focus, thereby untrained empaths can't just figure it out. as empathy runs in bloodline, it'd most likely be a family member that teaches them, but as the line in play do not have anyone in their lineage that can control it, there will need to be at least one empath on the board that can, to teach them. as long as everything lines up and makes sense, and it's all justified, i'm okay with it, if you wanted to make the second line.

alternatively, making your character distantly related to house kenleigh, maybe a satellite branch of the house that eventually lost social standing/wealth and became lowborn over time, would also work.

Rehema
No title
Apr 21, 2018, 08:55 PM / 57 Words
Thanks so much, dragonborn! I think being a part of a line that eventually lost its status would make much sense about her, maybe her great-aunt takes her in after her father puts her out once her mother dies might work? It's all up in the air, hopefully I'd have her down by tonight. 

dragonborn
we must stop killing each other
Staff
125 Posts 26 Years House Assad
that which does not kill me, had better run; because now i'm pissed.
Apr 21, 2018, 10:53 PM / 133 Words
np!

sounds fine to me. Cyprian and dimitrios' main branch were uh well falling down a very bad rabbit hole very quickly, uh probably obvious by how it literally got torn down, lol, so its also probable the house sort of split and one side disowned the other. may have splintered multiple times in multiple places, tbh, i.e. married in kenleighs pushing divorce to keep the house's inevitable crash from taking them down too, type things. just a few different ways it could've gone, if u wanted some other potential angles, otherwise, what you have sounds good!

ah, there is one other kenleigh, andreas, dimitrios' twin brother, should be registered soon, so there are three of em to get your plotting scene off the ground too. =)
Pages [1]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
What is our board name?: