Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages [1]

pure sunlight positive influences, criminal faction friends 160 Views
4 Replies
Started by Kassandros Essair, Apr 17, 2018, 05:35 AM
Kassandros Essair
light from the shadows
Warlord
83 Posts 17 Years Nonbinary 5' 9" House Essair Warlord Written by Esmera
Is this your salvation? Is this all you can give? I will not stand in reflection of someone else's dream.
Apr 17, 2018, 05:35 AM / 1343 Words
Aunt/Uncle
30-60 ♦ Dalmascan Hume (non-mage) ♦ Open PB, see bottom of description

So, basically, Kassandros' father sucked, and his mother sucks, and he could use at least one positive influence from somewhere. He was raised by an ilim slave, so he doesn't necessarily need a parental figure, but having another one wouldn't be a terrible idea, either. Anyway, Kass has a decent moral grounding, despite not really being particularly emotional. Most things are viewed through the glasses of logic and doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not in expectation of favourable returns, nor in fear of karmic retribution. As such, to be fair, his morals are a bit shaky, or can be, and sometimes he doesn't quite know what is right or wrong. He tries, to be fair, but he's seventeen; he messes up sometimes.

In any case, he's suppressed all of his emotions and anything good about himself to the point they're buried so deep, even he doesn't realise they're there. I think he will probably always remain a little stunted, I don't think that's something he can ever fully overcome, but he could use some guidance and someone more experienced than he is to point him in the right direction, encourage him to remember he's still hume, and there is nothing wrong with being hume, despite what his father always said. This relative could be either his father's sibling, or his mother's, perhaps they left Dalmasca for military excursion or maybe just felt like travelling, maybe they're a craftsman and decided to gain experience from other crafters, or something, there's a lot of option there. For an aunt, though, I'm literally stuck on Ruby Rose for a PB, Kass is Lucky Blue Smith and at the right angles, he looks like Ruby Rose, I stg.

Parent-Figure/Head Healer
30s+ ♦ Technically Either Gender ♦ Prefer an ilim but technically just Galacese will work ♦ Open PB

When mom disappeared, dad wasn't going to raise the Essair triplets, so this character, who helped deliver said triplets and helped mom manage three infants, would've stepped up in her place. This character's meant to be ilim, but just culturally Galacese would be enough; this character was very subtle, more like a babbling brook than a rushing river, and their patience and steadiness was a boon in the triplets' lives. And probably at least part of what helped Kass become what he is now.

Cygnus kind of resents this character for not being their mom, but he doesn't outright hate them, at least. Kassandros tends to turn to this character for advice on occasion, and Icarus probably leans on them too. So they're a pretty important part of the Essair house, and always have been, really. They're, for most intents and purposes, also the head slave; essentially, they manage new slaves and direct the house's workforce to ensure that things run as smoothly as possible. Otherwise, this character is also the head healer, and should be amid teaching Xiaodan Tachibana how to better control her affinity (both are meant to be earth), and how to heal well with it (earth is steady, and most of its innate healing abilities heal over time, rather than at once; you can make it heal faster, but you have to learn how to do it).

We also have Thetis and potentially Gannicus' lover girl, depending on how whoever picks her back up decides to angle, in the infirmary in House Essair. Dimitrios was also technically under her care, but he should be healed by April. Gannicus' lovergirl is probably at the point where she's figuring out how to walk again, but Thetis may well still be unconscious, she's fighting sepsis.

So there are a lotta plots and stuff here, and this character is pretty important to both House Essair and the triplets specifically, and we'd love to have this character on site. If you'd like, Merenwen was previously made to fill this role, but you can change almost anything if it doesn't work for you.

Criminal Offshoot Peeps
20-50 ♦ Either Gender ♦ Any nationality/race ♦ Open PBs

House Essair are currently the head of a criminal syndicate that operates under their House umbrella. Most likely, many of these involved in the criminal offshoot are part of, or affiliated with, a minor vassal house serving under Essair, so if you want a house of your own, you can slot them in as a vassal under the House Essair banner. Now, many of these are likely to be people that help with the actual day-to-day running of criminal operations and transportation of contraband. I don't imagine they aren't familiar with Suyis, they probably work with him a lot, if not own airships of their own. That's whatever. Many of these positions would be very important, such as managing documentation, transportation routes, government avoidance, treasury and accounting, security, street policing and peacekeeping, drug manufacture and transport, legitimate businesses they deal out of, there may even be many affiliated with the government to keep them off their collective asses.

So, this request is pretty broad and vague, if you're interested in playing what amounts to a gangster, here's your chance. Toss me ideas, I love hashing. While House Essair's syndicate is... ostensibly bad, they do a lot of good, as well, so really the only people that truly fear them are the nobility, not the commons. It's an odd thing. Haha.

I do have ONE specific thing for this, and that's, the Cobras do have an immediate commander. This is not actually Kassandros, as he cannot be there constantly, so the Cobras have a ... basically a secondary boss that manages the Cobras day to day. Most likely, this would've been the first Cobra, one of the founding members, and quite probably a close friend of Kassandros'. They'd basically have to get along really well. Now, this does kind of open the door to this person having other feelings, if you get the drift, I'm not angling specifically for that but if you decide to, that's fine. Kass is actually poly, it just takes a long time before he decides to show his poly. Anyway, not a required tidbit. I was actually imagining someone around Kass's age maybe a bit older, that is sort of like a de facto sibling. They may or may not flip each other shit, but it's in good fun and that's kind of just how they show affection for each other - wouldn't want the tough street gang leader guys to appear too nice.

Theoretically this could be a girl, but Dalmasca is kinder than Jihon at least, but not perfect, so a girl would probably have to fight to keep her position all the time, and I'm not sure that's someone someone would really want to do.

Ksenia Warwicke
No title
Merchant
16 Posts 45 Years Female 5' 6" House Warwicke Nobility Written by incendium
May 08, 2018, 12:51 AM / 5 Words
His mother is in progress. =)

Esmera
gian hoa mat khon
Player
37 Posts 28 Years Nonbinary 5' 8" House Lucain
When justice takes a day of rest, death is twice as busy.
May 08, 2018, 06:38 AM / 1 Words
=DD

andromeda
queen of dragons
Shelved
31 Posts House Asheron
They tried to bury us. They didn't realise that we were seeds.
May 10, 2018, 07:43 PM / 6 Words
-yoinks Merenwen and runs away giggling-

Esmera
gian hoa mat khon
Player
37 Posts 28 Years Nonbinary 5' 8" House Lucain
When justice takes a day of rest, death is twice as busy.
Jun 23, 2018, 02:50 PM / 7 Words
Some things rewritten and a role reopened!
Pages [1]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
What is our board name?: