Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages [1]

pure sunlight familyyyy many family, buddy pals 74 Views
3 Replies
Started by Kassandros Essair, Apr 17, 2018, 05:35 AM
Kassandros Essair
No title
Mage
20 Posts 17 Years Nonbinary 5' 9" House Essair Warlord Written by Esmera
And now where I stand, there are mountains I will climb; I'm looking up into pure sunlight;
Apr 17, 2018, 05:35 AM / 1183 Words
Siblings
< 17 ♦ Either Gender ♦ Dalmascan Hume (can be mages, anyone that hangs around Kass too long becomes one anyway) ♦ Open PBs

Despite the fact Kassandros acts like an only child most of the time, he's not supposed to be. I don't imagine his siblings would've been any younger than maybe eleven, so if you like playing year 1-5 kids on Hogwarts boards, I'm lookin' at you here. I envisioned a few sisters, a couple brothers, but I'm not fussed about the actual ratios, and it doesn't matter if we only get one or two siblings, that's fine too.

Both their parents sucked. Just gonna be honest here. It's pretty likely that Merenwen also helped raise these siblings after their mother, Ksenia, disappeared, so these siblings may have a decent relationship with Merenwen, too. Their father, Vopiscus, was all about duty and one's place in the House, and marrying and having proper heirs and stand up STRAIGHT, Kassandros, for fuck's sake -

But, Kassandros killed him one day, and all that ended. Kassandros is ostensibly smarter than his father ever was, and is even more of a hardass than Vopiscus had been, so I'm sure his siblings may have kind of panicked when he took over, like oh dear, how terrible is this going to be, but, it wasn't. Kassandros would've encouraged his siblings to find what they wanted to do, even if that's outside of what House Essair normally accepts. It's probably kind of whip-lash-y, because nobody before him was ever terribly encouraging of that kind of thing, it was always be a proper Essair and quit whining. See, Kassandros won't live long (or so he thinks, that's in the air really), so he kind of lives vicariously through his siblings. Maybe that's not the right way to explain it, but, it's sort of like, he can't really live the way he wants, so he feels almost obligated to make sure his siblings do, because he won't live long, and when he's gone, the House are probably going to put one of his siblings where he is now. It's not like he has heirs. He wants to know that, whichever one replaces him, wants to be where he is. If that makes sense.

I'm not sure how this will translate in relationships between him and his siblings. Some may find him irritating, maybe even a bit morose and doomsday, may wonder why he's like this because he's never been this depressing and everything he does seems to be done with an underlying urgency that wasn't there before. Maybe one noticed his entire demeanour has changed drastically over the last years, and are worried. There are a lot of doors that can open here, so, I'm open to thoughts and ideas on this one.

Aunt/Uncle
30-60 ♦ Dalmascan Hume (non-mage) ♦ Open PB, see bottom of description

So, basically, Kassandros' father sucked, and his mother sucks, and he could use at least one positive influence from somewhere. He was raised by an ilim slave, so he doesn't necessarily need a parental figure, but having another one wouldn't be a terrible idea, either. Anyway, Kass has a decent moral grounding, despite not really being particularly emotional. Most things are viewed through the glasses of logic and doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not in expectation of favourable returns, nor in fear of karmic retribution. As such, to be fair, his morals are a bit shaky, or can be, and sometimes he doesn't quite know what is right or wrong. He tries, to be fair, but he's seventeen; he messes up sometimes.

In any case, he's suppressed all of his emotions and anything good about himself to the point they're buried so deep, even he doesn't realise they're there. I think he will probably always remain a little stunted, I don't think that's something he can ever fully overcome, but he could use some guidance and someone more experienced than he is to point him in the right direction, encourage him to remember he's still hume, and there is nothing wrong with being hume, despite what his father always said. This relative could be either his father's sibling, or his mother's, perhaps they left Dalmasca for military excursion or maybe just felt like travelling, maybe they're a craftsman and decided to gain experience from other crafters, or something, there's a lot of option there. For an aunt, though, I'm literally stuck on Ruby Rose for a PB, Kass is Lucky Blue Smith and at the right angles, he looks like Ruby Rose, I stg.

Criminal Offshoot Peeps
20-50 ♦ Either Gender ♦ Any nationality/race ♦ Open PBs

House Essair are currently the head of a criminal syndicate that operates under their House umbrella. Most likely, many of these involved in the criminal offshoot are part of, or affiliated with, a minor vassal house serving under Essair, so if you want a house of your own, you can slot them in as a vassal under the House Essair banner. Now, many of these are likely to be people that help with the actual day-to-day running of criminal operations and transportation of contraband. I don't imagine they aren't familiar with Suyis, they probably work with him a lot, if not own airships of their own. That's whatever. Many of these positions would be very important, such as managing documentation, transportation routes, government avoidance, treasury and accounting, security, street policing and peacekeeping, drug manufacture and transport, legitimate businesses they deal out of, there may even be many affiliated with the government to keep them off their collective asses.

So, this request is pretty broad and vague, if you're interested in playing what amounts to a gangster, here's your chance. Toss me ideas, I love hashing. While House Essair's syndicate is... ostensibly bad, they do a lot of good, as well, so really the only people that truly fear them are the nobility, not the commons. It's an odd thing. Haha.

Ksenia Essair
No title
Hume
1 Posts 45 Years Female 5' 6" House Warwicke Nobility Written by incendium
May 08, 2018, 12:51 AM / 5 Words
His mother is in progress. =)

Esmera
gian hoa mat khon
Player
20 Posts 28 Years Nonbinary 5' 8" House Lucain
Don't love what you can't trust. Don't hate what you can't have. Don't say what you can't show. Don't judge what you don't know.
May 08, 2018, 06:38 AM / 1 Words
=DD

andromeda
queen of dragons
Staff
25 Posts House Asheron
They tried to bury us. They didn't realise that we were seeds.
May 10, 2018, 07:43 PM / 6 Words
-yoinks Merenwen and runs away giggling-
Pages [1]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
What is our board name?: