Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages 1 [2]

You Got Me a What? Apr 3, 76 374 Views
17 Replies
Started by Yishai Wynbrandt, Jul 26, 2018, 10:07 AM
Hadrian
No title
Blood Fighter
11 Posts Blood Fighter Written by Lenara
Oct 31, 2018, 03:21 PM / 314 Words
The look on Hadrian's face was probably pretty telling. A mostly confusion, really. Being told he could go wherever he wanted was a strange thought. That was a level of freedom that was not afforded to blood fighters and rarely afforded to normal house slaves - generally one stayed within the range of what their specific duties were. Which in his case meant remaining at the boy's side, yes? As his body guard?

Okay well. He'd... not pretend to understand it but he also wasn't going to argue. Hadrian would probably not take much advantage of it though, and instead concentrate on what he could do. Though of course if someone needed help moving things that wasn't so bad. Easy work for him, made it easier for them to do their jobs, why not. Anyway, books over here. And moving this stack as well.

"I'll keep that in mind." Even if he didn't intend to take advantage of it. He'd also not skip meals, if only because he got a feeling Yishai would stare at him for trying to do so. Ah, because of course he'd know when they were supposed to be eating. He nodded a little. "A little." He admitted after a moment, seeing no harm in agreeing. "Blood fighters aren't typically given free reign except in houses where they are also guards. So it's a bit odd being told I can go where ever." He shrugged. "Strange isn't bad though." Just saying that.

Because it occurred to him that agreeing that he was strange might be slightly negative.

Also was it just him, or was the kid like, actually nervous? At least a little..? Hm. Not thinking about it too hard.

Yishai Wynbrandt
No title
Merchant
18 Posts Merchant Written by Esmera
If I gave you the truth, would it keep you alive; though I'm closer to wrong, I'm no further from right; and now I'm, convinced on the inside, there's somethin' wrong with me.
Nov 07, 2018, 11:02 PM / 353 Words
Oh. But that wasn't all that different, was it? He'd never been... you know, so he really didn't know how slaves thought. It wasn't like the other seemed displeased, just confused, and that was much easier to deal with, of course. Better that he was confused, than they were constantly arguing, or at least that was how Yishai was going to look at it.

"Well, you're a guard," he said. "... not a house guard, but, still a guard." More often than not, though, maybe he'd end up operating like a house guard. If only because it wasn't as if Yishai could really go anywhere, at least, not for very long.

An unfortunate side-effect of basically dying, but it was what it was. "I mean, if you want to be," Yishai added. "I can arrange something else, if you decide you'd rather not. Um. But I don't really go too many places, so I hope you get acceptably comfortable doing stuff besides watching me read. That's gotta get boring." And he was actually kind of cute (damn it, mom, why'd you have to get a cute one), but he was so not saying that.

"... oh, um," Shai scrambled back out into the hallway, pointing at one of the doors a bit further toward the back. "That's the spare room," he explained. "You can just drag the bed over here. ... and, yeah, right here seems good." So it did. As for Shai, well, he was getting the stack he'd knocked over out of the way, behind the door. "Well, I usually try making it to most days of the Festival of Iuna," he mentioned. "So I guess it won't be too boring, for a while." But what about after that? Yeah...

Hadrian
No title
Blood Fighter
11 Posts Blood Fighter Written by Lenara
Nov 12, 2018, 09:21 PM / 298 Words
"Right, I am." Hadrian murmured. "But I'm your guard so it would make sense if my movements were restricted to yours." As opposed to being able to go anywhere in the estate because obviously he wasn't doing his job if he was somewhere else and what good was he if he wasn't doing the job he'd been purchased to do? He shrugged slightly instead of saying that. Back over here at if he said so but probably he'd just stick to what he knew except when he could be helpful around the house in other ways. Maybe it would start to make sense over time if he did that.

Shrug. "I'll manage." It wasn't as if he was used to being entertained by someone else. Though he was reasonably used to being able to train regularly, it was hard to be bored when you worked yourself from dawn until dusk unless there was a fight that day.

The markets though, that had been boring. Anyway.

"Alright." Moving the bed, he would do that in just a moment, when Yishai was done moving things from behind the door. He didn't want to accidentally bump into it and hurt the kid or something like that.

Hadrian nodded. "The Festival of Iuna is always pleasant." So it was. ... He did wonder - well it didn't matter. What happened would happen no matter if he thought about it before hand or not. He'd just go forward as expected and whatever was going to come would. It was better that way than getting worked up about what might happen.
Pages 1 [2]