Heyo!
9 Replies
Keo @ Jun 10, 2018, 09:47 PM
Keo
Hello!  Not really a lot to say about me except that I love just about any plot imaginable, especially if it can focus on character dynamics and development.  And I’m open to most relationship types between characters; familial, friendship, romantic, rivalry, awkward acquaintanceship, etc.  Characters are just fun, and I love them.

I will try to be regular about posting, but sometimes things crop up that make that difficult.  Regardless of that, though, I will try to be transparent about when something might take a bit longer than I or someone else might like. 

Anywho, I’m excited to get to some plotting and get to know all y’all more as this thing goes!

we must stop killing each other
10 Posts Player
that which does not kill me, had better run; because now i'm pissed.
welcome to house essair messiah! glad to have you! no worries on incidental life happenings-we all understand, and are pretty patient peoples (some of us are slower than others, too, so we feel). takes like two months for me to delete someone, so, if you're gone longer than a month, just let somebody know you're rockin' again. name's tian, but dragon or angel work too! lots of fun things going on about the site, so im sure you'll be able to find something fun to get into!

whatcha thinkin for a first character? any ideas yet?
also, soda or coffee? i think im the only java person on the site. xD

Keo
Thank you!  I'm excited to be back in the rp game!  I've been on some sites before, but I've gotten out of roleplaying, sadly, over the past year or so, and I missed it.  And I'll make sure to let someone know if there's something going on that'll keep me away for a while, but it's good to know that everyone'll be pretty laid back about it.  

And I've got a few really basic (like... suuuuuper basic) outlines for character types I'd like to try, as well as one play by that I know I want to use at some point, but other than that, I'm skulking around the want ads to see if there's anything there that might help get some ideas going!  I am... still learning and getting comfortable with the lore of the world, I admit.  I'm looking forward to getting more of handle on it all because I absolutely love extensive lore and worldbuilding elements in rp!  I imagine I'll start having a lot more ideas for characters once I get better acquainted with everything that's going on in this universe's setting.

I'm actually neither a soda nor a coffee person... xD Soda always gives me that tingly prickly feeling in my nose, and I've just never really gotten into coffee.  (Unless you put a lot of milk into it and add a ton of sugar, which was how my dad used to let me have it when I was a kid and still somehow thought that you had to be at least 16 years of age before being allowed to drink coffee. xD ) 

10 Posts Player
yeh, there's a bit to read in there. if you've got any questions, feel free to ask! we love questions, they're fun. there are also a lotta openings in varying chars across the site, even if they dont have a want ad, several players love family and friend dynamics enough you can basically just make them a sibling or something without trouble, so feel free to poke people if there's a char you're interested in weaving established relations with even if they dont have a want up.

and yep, i like mine blond af too. when i was 8, i asked my dad if i could drink coffee, and he set a mug of straight black cheap shit coffee in front of me and said yes, if u can drink this entire thing. obvs, i was supposed to fail that-i didnt. i drank it all. i cannot stand straight black coffee anymore, cheap or not. lmao

CEO of Salt Inc
5 Posts Player
In these promises broken, deep below, each word gets lost in the echo. So one last lie, I can see through, this time I finally let you go.
Hi, Keo! Welcome to Messiah! I'm Kendra, AKA Essie, and I make forum do lol if you run into any technical issues or visual-related complexities, lemme know!

I'm a soda person. xD I drink Mountain Dew all day every day. But I have a soft spot for tea. Particularly, oolong, and Snapple peach tea. Cause yummy. It tastes like a peach. Ah! Oh and chai!

P.S. We do love questions! =D

Keo
Thank you both!  Oh, there probably will be many questions... xD I love details, and if I can probe for more, I almost always will!  I will just... have to do my reading first... I shall prepare to take notes! xD

I actually used to drink grape soda a lot because when I was a kid my parents would take me and my siblings with them when we ordered pizza for dinner (no delivery at the place we went to, only pick-up) and the place we went to had individual bottles of grape soda, and I always felt like I was drinking candy. xD Haven't had it in a good while, actually!  Oh, my tea tastes are almost embarrassingly simple... I'm mostly given to very basic breakfast blends and little else... I have been told by several of my tea-loving friends that I am hopeless!

Also, that is quite the challenge to set to an 8-year-old!  And I can see how it would turn you off the straight black coffee.  Honestly, that stuff is way too strong for me even now, there's no way I'd have been able to finish an entire mug of that as a kid.  I have been conditioned to love the smell of coffee, though, that I can handle. xD

CEO of Salt Inc
5 Posts Player
In these promises broken, deep below, each word gets lost in the echo. So one last lie, I can see through, this time I finally let you go.
The smell of coffee is heaven. It really is. Lol And there's nothing wrong with liking simple stuff. I get this herbal tisane, it is and is not tea, made of raspberry leaves, kinda sweet flavoured, and I have an entire cabinet of like peppermint and oolong and green. Black's alright, but in my experience, if it's not mixed with something else, black tea tends to get... like... whats the word Im looking for. Not oily, but filmy? Bitter? Idk.

If they'd let me, I'd just live in a Starbucks. Tbh. For the smell. xD

10 Posts Player
fun fact, there's actually more lore, we just cut out some for ease of reading and to prevent people from spreading out too widely at first. lol

also, yeah, basically. the scent is great but somebody gives me black coffee im like son, you walkin on the wild side righ'ere. lmao i dont like just milk in it usually, though, i prefer irish cream. bailey's, specifically.

also id be a sad ass asian if i didnt like tea so bring on the green tea.

Keo
Oh, wow, that sounds like a lot of lore. xD I'm guessing that it'll be revealed little by little as the players/characters find their stride and get some in-universe connections established? 

Coffee scent really is great!  I'm a big fan in general of that mocha smell/flavor; my grandmother always had this great chocolate cake recipe that had a bit of mocha in it, and whenever I had it, I always thought, "Yeah, this is what coffee should be like." xD And Oooh, I approve of the Bailey's!  I always enjoy me some Bailey's Irish Cream!  Especially in my seasonal winter drinks.

And I know what you mean about black tea.  That's really the only tea I personally have experience with, but if you leave it without anything in it and don't drink it quickly or stir it regularly, it does get this sort of oily-looking film over the top which makes it maybe a bit less appetizing... xD I personally like it with a little milk or sometimes honey, but I do come from a very English family, so that might have something to do with it!  I feel like I should expand my tea-drinking horizons a bit more, but I've always just been too lazy to do so. xD 

10 Posts Player
Essentially the plan, yes. A lot of the rest of the lore is little details, parts of the world we're not ready for yet, stuff like that. Like, the gods, all of them, have backgrounds and established personalities, and things like that, but we wanted to leave them open to interpretation, because they are, really. There are also more continents in the world, and more 'ethnic' groups than just the ones we have now, also dragons are a thing...

Omg, that cake sounds like heaven, unfair. Lol yup. I actually like mixing it or hot cocoa (or both) with peppermint schnapps. Also, Essie makes the best sangria and coffee liqueur mixers. *-*