Jun 10, 2018 -- Mature Filter Note
0 Replies
Esmera @ Jun 10, 2018, 04:11 AM
CEO of Salt Inc
5 Posts Player
In these promises broken, deep below, each word gets lost in the echo. So one last lie, I can see through, this time I finally let you go.
Aight, this isn't terribly important, but, I made subaccount ages run off the parent account's age, so if you have the parent account one filled in and it's valid, all your subaccounts can or cannot see mature content, depending on your settings. Likewise, if you leave your parent account's birth date blank, your subaccounts don't magically get mature access because of a missing year.

Two things this means:
  • One, you can input character birthdates without messing up the mature content filters, as before, it would automatically give users with no year input access to mature content because for some stUPID reason, SMF files that as being born in year 0004, making you like 2,000 years old, so this would override having it off for people that didn't want to see it;
  • Two, your subaccounts should automatically have permission to view and edit posts in their mature threads now, without having to input an age-appropriate year.
Remember, however, foregoing the year on your OOC account will cause mature content to happen. Be sure you want that before doing it.

Enjoy.