Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages 1 [2]

There's been a robbery In which Einan is robbed Mar 21, 76 216 Views
28 Replies
Started by Einan, May 25, 2018, 01:21 PM
Suyis
No title
Commoner
14 Posts 26 Years Nonbinary 6' House Asheron Commons Written by Esmera
Don't love what you can't trust. Don't hate what you can't have. Don't say what you can't show. Don't judge what you don't know.
May 29, 2018, 10:02 PM / 342 Words
What a question. Suyis just smirked. "It's more of a flagship," he decided. Yeah. Well, either that or a heavy fighter. Somewhere in between. It wasn't like Suyis paid much attention, maybe someone else might think it a dreadnought - look at the nerd, flirting with the guy in auratech euphemisms. Suyis lived and breathed auratech, though, even had aura guns, spent probably too long fiddling with whatever gadgets and gizmos he could get his hands on, because that was when he felt alive. Pulling apart some little mechanical thing and seeing how it worked, and making it better.

The airship wasn't his only invention, just his most well-known.

An almost-pout found its way through the amusement. "I'm not sure whether to be impressed you don't seem to know who I am, or insulted. I'm going with both. Of course I actually have a dreadnought. The dreadnought." The mother of all dreadnoughts; indeed, the Har'zaref was the first airship designed and built, and its evolution defined the airship classing system, making it the first in its class, repeatedly, the one that defined airship standards. He gestured in the direction of the Har'zaref, currently cloaked and hidden over the shore, as they turned a corner and there she was, a bit away. Of course, looking directly at it, one may or may not notice how things were a bit blurry where the ship was, how the pulsing waves seemed to go around something that wasn't actually there. The landing rods, of course, keeping the ship from falling into the sea.

Cloaking technology was somewhat new; naturally, Harzie got it, first. "She's shy," he said, wandering off toward the blurry something over there. He had to find the door, though. That was kind of a pain, sometimes. Hey, at least he wasn't drunk.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
15 Posts 30 Years Male 6'2" Merchant Written by Zozma
Are you with me to come undone? The first one of us is dust. Can you fly down from above and be the second one?
May 30, 2018, 12:42 PM / 202 Words
"Flagship works. You know what they say."

Yes, they were being quite... the nerds, weren't they? Einan was enjoying himself, surprisingly--despite the fact that he'd been robbed. And he could be walking himself straight into a trap and get himself sold into slavery or some shit but he was happily following the pretty stranger. Suyis. Dreadnought. Suyis. The dreadnought. Things were starting to fall into place and Einan could hardly believe his strange luck. 

"Don't be either," he said. Impressed or insulted. Einan did know who Suyis was. Just... he never actually met the creator before. The name could have been some clever pseudonym for all he knew. But he could see that it was true as he looked at the blurry space where a dreadnought could have been. Shit. It was real. All of it was real. Shit. Shit. 

Not one to be intimidated or cowed by others, Einan let out a soft laugh of disbelief and shook his head. 

"What do they call this?" he asked, both himself and Suyis. "Kismet?" 

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Don't love what you can't trust. Don't hate what you can't have. Don't say what you can't show. Don't judge what you don't know.
May 30, 2018, 07:46 PM / 500 Words
Suyis snorted. He was always amused, anyway, he'd just stick to being amused. It was probably better that way, anyhow. Instead, he just chuckled to himself, and went to finding the door. It went into the loading bay, but it was good enough. The loading bay had stairs, of course, that went onto the other decks, it wasn't like it was a big deal. So far, this place was relatively good of a place to hide the Har'zaref, so he figured, he'd probably just leave them parked over the rocks. Nobody really came over here, anyway, it was dangerous for people and ships alike.

As he ran his hand over the outside of the hull, feeling for the keypad, Suyis huffed an airy laugh. "Kismet? That's a bit much," Suyis replied. "But if you want to call it that, don't let me stop you." Really, he just happened to be relatively simple to pickpocket, and fairly cute, that was all. Besides, Suyis didn't believe in such horseshit. You either did or you didn't. Jihon's whole 'everything as it should be,' bullshit, was at least a third of why he hated Jihon, and rarely ever claimed his Jihonese heritage. His father was half Jihonese, his mother Macenian. Technically, he thought his father's other side was Dalmascan, but nobody ever talked about it, because fuck Dalmasca, and Suyis meant that more than he meant fuck Jihon.

Anyway. Suyis did what he did because he did what he did, screw all the stupid gods and would-be gods that liked to pretend they had any hand in anything. And screw the universe that tried taking credit for setting things up just so.

Maybe that was why Suyis was such a chaotic mess. Wanna see fate? I'll pop it right in the face, how about that - oh hey, keys, his hand went back where it was, pressing a couple of the invisible buttons; he remembered their orientation by now, didn't need to lower the cloaking shields to find them, and then the door hissed open, dropping stairs down. "Ta da," Suyis said, giggling. "Welcome to the Har'zaref. Watch the first step, it moves." For whatever reason, it liked to depress when someone put weight on it. Suyis just skipped right over it, and into the bay, hovering by the door to close it after his ah... guest, made it in.

Inside, of course, was visible; how weird it must look from a distance, just this doorway into some kind of storage room floating a few metres off the rocks. Yeah well, Dalmascans were dumb as a box of rocks, anyway. The loading bay was mostly full of crates and boxes, and large piles of scrap metal, support columns holding the deck above up, and a staircase in the left back corner.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Are you with me to come undone? The first one of us is dust. Can you fly down from above and be the second one?
May 31, 2018, 04:09 PM / 209 Words
Kismet seemed to be a dirty word to Suyis. Personally, Einan had no strong feelings about kismet, one way or the other. It had mostly been spoken in jest but Suyis wasn't the first person he'd met who didn't like thinking that their lives were left to a roll of some god's die. Really, if Einan had strong ties to gods, then he wouldn't have pursued a career in engineering. (And then thrown it all away for something far less prestigious--but that was neither here nor there.) 

There it was. The dreadnought. The real thing, not something in Suyis' pants. Einan was impressed; even if he couldn't see it properly from the outside, the inside already caught his attention. Following Suyis inside, he was momentarily disoriented by the first step, even though he'd been warned. It did indeed move. He might have mentioned fixing it, especially if he had people entering it while it was cloaked but Suyis seemed blissfully aware of the fact. If he wanted to fix it, surely it would have been fixed by now. 

Einan eyed the boxes. 

"How much of this is legal?"  

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Jun 01, 2018, 05:18 AM / 286 Words
It was kind of amusing, watching people wander into the Har'zaref the first time. Amusing was a word. Ah, speaking of people wandering in, he was almost concerned his crew were already here, but most of them had probably scurried off to some corner of Dalmasca, either to find trouble, start trouble, or get in trouble, whichever came first (maybe all three). Most of them shouldn't be here. He'd uh. He'd have to try and avoid the alcoholic biting mule, but fortunately, she was... somewhere specific. You know. Mules made messes.

Suyis had made it up onto the landing, another short set of stairs leading up onto the next deck, leaned on the railing and smiled in amusement. "Define legal," he said. "You didn't really strike me as the type that'd give a fuck about legal." Basically, none of it was legal, but he wouldn't be much of a pirate if his dreadnought wasn't stocked with contraband, now would he? Some of it was drugs, some was aura weapon, there were a few aura bows from Galace, technically also illegal but not meant to be used by humes anyway. Suyis sidn't really give a fuck, he just did whatever made him extra money.

Besides, it made him friends with great people to be friends with.

"You know, the loading bay isn't really the interesting part," Suyis mentioned, still amused. There were five other decks to check out. Engineering was in the back of the loading bay, but meh, dude wasn't really here for a tour of a dreadnought, anyway.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Jun 02, 2018, 02:49 PM / 202 Words
"I don't," Einan said in amusement. "I was thinking we might be able to strike up a deal together."

After all, Einan might be an auratech engineer but he didn't actually own, lead, or serve anybody with an actual dreadnought in their possession. If they could strike a deal together, one that went beyond having fun under the sheets, then Einan could sell his gains in wider circles. Hence, the question. Then again, why ask a thief such a foolish question? Of course the cargo wasn't legally obtained.

But that part could be saved until later. Einan still didn't know if he was about to shipped off to parts unknown and sold off somewhere or if Suyis knew who he was and planned to find out where his stash was and take it. Maybe he really did just want to have a good time. Sure seemed that way, what with that last comment and that forever amused expression on his face. 

"No," he agreed. "I doubt it is. So why don't you show me what I came for?"

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Jun 03, 2018, 10:44 AM / 342 Words
Suyis snorted, an airy amused sound. A deal, huh? Well, Suyis was never against those, admittedly. He had about as many business friends as he had political enemies, it was fairly normal for anyone that fell under the Asheron umbrella. Not that Suyis made his ties to House Asheron terribly obvious; Livia had her own complexities, certainly she didn't need his added on, even if she wouldn't mind them. Suyis did. Most days. Usually.

This implied, though, there was a deal to be made; only certain people were interested in making deals with pirates, albeit he was known for having decent transport times. Maybe it wasn't as odd as it should be, with him. In any case, not for the first time since the start of their interaction, he pondered his options, still wondering if it'd be worth his while more to just double-cross the guy, but then, you know, he hated government bitches anyway, didn't much care for slavers either (bloody sacks of shit, most of 'em, sad when a pirate known for shaky morality had better morality than you). Yeah... fuck Dalmasca. Fuck Jihon harder.

Besides, he was friends with the Free Cities, wasn't sure where dude came from, but if he was important to one of them, that'd be bad for business.

"Mostly it's airship parts headed for Saqqara," Suyis explained. "Flight cores and whatjack. Dalmascans wouldn't know flight cores if they turned into a dragon and bit their head off." So it was actually mostly safe. Mostly. Flight cores tended to aha, fly, under the radar as aura crystals. About right, anyway, just, bigger. "Think most of the crew's probably bar hopping, but, my room's upstairs," he said, pointing up, and then scurried up the stairs. And no, by some miracle, his room was not a giant mess. Mostly because all he did was sleep in it.

Weird, right?

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Jun 04, 2018, 04:55 PM / 247 Words
Yes, a deal. He couldn't tell if Suyis was actually entertaining the thought or if his snort meant that the idea was beyond his scope. What was his scope, anyway? The last pirate that Einan did work with, in order to transport himself and cargo, hadn't worked to his satisfaction. In that he'd woken up with a dagger to the throat and all of his goods being robbed.

It was unfair; if he told Suyis about that, it would paint him a terrible light. Einan was good at what he did. Creation? Bomb. Moving merchandise... Perhaps not his forté but he was working on it. 

Talk of the deal was left behind as they entered Suyis' quarters. Hard to talk business when he was climbing up after an attractive man, watching him and ah, well, knowing what was about to take place. Actually, he had a few opinions on that; he was either about to taste steel or he was about to have a good time. Or maybe there'd be some combination of the two. 

"Nice," was what Einan had to say about the room. His eyebrows swept upward, surprised. Somehow, he had just assumed this person lived atop mounds of treasures. He kinda reminded Einan a bit of a slithery little dragon. He decided to keep that to himself; some people didn't take that sort of talk as a compliment. 

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Jun 09, 2018, 09:10 PM / 271 Words
Suyis couldn't help the laugh. Somewhere in there, he'd decided it was a better idea to go with the first plan; hey, getting laid was always fun anyway, and Suyis? Well, he might be a tad bit bored. Besides, he was a fun-filled lollipop triple dipped in psycho, he tried not to be rude, too. Tried. Sometimes, he didn't try terribly hard, being fair.

"Come here, jeez," it almost sounded demanding, almost, if the amused tone in his voice wasn't still there. He reached over, taking the guy's hands and pulling him over, oddly gently. But Suyis never rushed things like this; it wasn't fun if it was done in a hurry, anyway, and Suyis was in no hurry at all, and something told him, this one wasn't, either.

---

Okay. Maybe his room hadn't been a mess before, but it probably was now. Not that Suyis had gotten up long enough to look, it wasn't like he cared. He was too busy being buried in blankets and pleasantly fuzzed over, and wondering where the hell he'd put his last bottle of vodka. Closet? No. Maybe. It wasn't somewhere else in the ship, because the stupid mule, but that was as much as he remembered. Probably didn't matter right this second anyway.

"Never did tell me your name, you know," Suyis mentioned, somewhat off-hand. "Oh, you can have your hessions back if you want." It wasn't like he needed them, or anything.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Jun 11, 2018, 12:14 PM / 241 Words
Running a hand through his mess of dark hair, Einan's gaze slid over Suyis' body. This was true; they'd had a good time but Einan had yet to throw his name into the ring. How utterly rude of him. He smiled slowly, letting his hand slide behind the back of his own neck as he made himself more comfortable. It was nice to get out and let out the tension that had slowly been building during his time away. Generally, the pleasure district was enough to dispel that but... For somebody whose line of work wasn't pleasure, Einan had to say: he was quite impressed. 

"It's Einan," he said after a moment. If they were going to be business partners from here on out, there was no point in hiding his name. Besides, he wasn't nearly as famous by name alone as Suyis was. 

"And do you even remember where they are?" he asked, referring to the hessions that had been stolen from him. He'd gladly take them back. Besides, it seemed like something of an insult to insist that Suyis keep them. The whole short game of cat and mouse had taken place because Einan wanted his hard-earned money back and if he didn't have to, he wasn't going to part with them that willingly. 

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Jun 11, 2018, 08:30 PM / 273 Words
Awesome. Something to call him besides 'hey sexy,' not that he was opposed to doing so. Actually, one of his former crew members was attractive enough, Suyis just called him hot stuff all the time, instead of by his name. Quite frankly, he no longer remembered what his name actually was. It didn't matter now, because the guy got shot and died, but hey. He was hot while he lasted. It was debatable if that was the important part or not.

"Somewhere over there," Suyis answered, gesturing at the pile of his clothes. "I suppose I'll find 'em whenever I feel like getting dressed." Whenever that might be, and being honest about it, probably not anytime soon. Suyis was perfectly happy to wander around the Har'zaref butt naked, and it wouldn't be the first time, actually.

"So, about this deal... what'd you have in mind?" He was curious, he'd admit. Probably, transport. That was what most people were interested in the dude with a dreadnought for. Not that Suyis minded, because it was a good excuse to travel and see the world. Well, Azaleon; there was more beyond Azaleon, and he only knew that because he'd seen it, beyond the shores, far out into the ocean. Probably, those were small islands, nothing exciting, but there was land beyond this continent. That meant there were probably other people, out there.

He'd never mentioned it to anyone. Dalmasca would just go and fucking start a war with it, whatever it was.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Jun 14, 2018, 01:08 PM / 212 Words
Yes, yes, somewhere over there. Einan eyed the clothing that had been tossed haphazardly across the room, his own clothes mixed in with the lot of it. Not in any particular hurry, however, Einan continued to make himself comfortable. He rested his cheek in his hand and his dark eyes searched Suyis' gaze. 

"Ah. I'm glad you asked." He smiled slowly. "I'm an auratech engineer--something I suspect you're familiar with. I've been dealing weaponry where, let's say... it's not quite legal to own such things."

This could be a trap. He was still watching Suyis for any sign that he expressed anything other than interest, amusement, perhaps mischief. Einan didn't have a bad feeling in his gut about this ordeal but it was easy to see why not. Suyis was disarming. A thief, a rogue, a pirate, even. He didn't seem like any law-abiding citizen but that could be the set up. 

Nah, I'm not that famous. Einan had made sure of that, by going to his customers with most of his face hidden. 

"I'm sure you see where this is going." 

Suyis
No title
Commoner
Jun 16, 2018, 02:24 PM / 278 Words
Go him, he guessed right.

Not that this was difficult by any means. There were few reasons someone might have interest in a dreadnought, after all, particularly ones with pirate captains, due to the lack of quibbling over inane things like legality, and there was only one of those in the world. Well, this side of it. Who knew what was beyond the seas. Not him.

"Quite well," Suyis answered, lazily stretching out. "The Har'zaref goes everywhere, I'm sure we eventually go where you need. I've got friends in high places, see, I can get shit where most people can't, and who, exactly, in eastern Azaleon is gonna stand in the way of a dreadnought? Exactly. Ah, fortune smiles on those with giant cannons." What? It did. Besides, he'd designed airships; the only things that could potentially damage Harzie were other airships, and he knew where the weak spots were. Someone with enough brain could probably figure out where that was, but he hadn't pointed them out to anyone. Ignorance, in this case, served him well.

"You want me to play parcel service, or...?" The Har'zaref always needed crew members. They had an unfortunate tendency to die. Suyis was pretty sure they could come to a decent arrangement, that didn't include the transfer of hessions. Money was no object; Suyis had enough, and if he didn't, he could get more. It'd surpassed the stage of being interesting enough to drive bargains, but it wasn't like he'd turn them down, either.

Einan
Auratech Engineer
Merchant
Jun 16, 2018, 04:13 PM / 138 Words
"I like it already." 

With friends in high places and a dreadnought transporting his nice shinies, it seemed like running into a thief had been the most fortunate thing to happen to Einan tonight. Well, one of them, anyway. He smiled to himself as he ran an idle hand through Suyis' hair, enjoying the way his body stretched beside him. 

Since Suyis asked, Einan's interest was piqued. 

"Did you have something else in mind?"

Einan had merely thought it would be beneficial to have somebody to run his items to places where he couldn't normally go. He hadn't thought much beyond that but if there were other benefits to this... arrangement then he was interested. 
Pages 1 [2]