Welcome to Messiah! Please login or register!
Pages 1 [2]

I've been living in the darkness in which Junai breaks and enters Mar 18, 76 169 Views
20 Replies
Started by Junai, May 24, 2018, 06:22 PM
Xiaodan Tachibana
No title
Ujalin
23 Posts 25 Years Female 5'4'' House Tachibana Ujalin Written by Lenara
Jun 05, 2018, 04:03 PM / 212 Words
For a second she almost thought she heard... hm. No, if she had, it must have been something outside. Her gaze flicked to the open space for a moment before returning to the woman. It wasn't the first time she'd heard - or thought she had heard - something that wasn't really there. She didn't know if it was insanity setting in already, or if it was paranoia that made her react. Either way...she could handle it. She'd just have to keep going on and ... essentially ignoring it.

"Mm." She inclined her head slightly, in understanding, even though he probably couldn't see it. "I understand." She verbalized after a moment.

For a moment Xiaodan wondered what he was running from. "You probably have the right of it really. Not staying in one place too long." But well, she wouldn't abandon this woman until something happened, one way or another. And moving her would be far, far harder than Xiaodan was willing to try taking on on her own.  "It can be dangerous." Yes, yes it could.

She wondered what he was running from. But then, she was running too.

Junai
Runaway
Slave
11 Posts 26 Years Male 5'0" Slave Written by Zozma
We are the walking burned, we hold this close to our arms We take our daily breath and thank our unlucky scars Tried to get by on bread and water. Craving blood poured from the altar now.
Jun 06, 2018, 05:20 PM / 263 Words
"It's the only way to stay safe."

When he was really small, he remembered being told that if one stayed where they were, they were more likely to be found. That was for his safety, though. That was so his mother could find him if he went missing. The problem was, when he went missing that final time, she had never been able to recover him. Junai lowered his gaze, too. 

"But if it were me..."

If he had been found in that woman's condition, he would... he wouldn't expect anything, actually. Xiaodan seemed to be a kind woman, going out of her way to take care of her. And Junai. Well, Junai was just so used to it. He was the nurturer, was he not? Although he was seen as a brat, a troublemaker, a mischief-creator, a being that thrived in chaos, truthfully, there was still that part of him that wanted to prove he was useful somewhere else. 

He would much rather heal somebody of his own accord than be forced back into doing anything under a master. He looked down at the woman and he lightly touched her cheek with his fingertips, lips curving into a small smile. 

"It's good that you're airing out the wound. I think it's helping. But she'll need more for that infection. Have you been able to get your hands on anything that could fight it?" 

Xiaodan Tachibana
No title
Ujalin
Jun 07, 2018, 08:19 PM / 324 Words
Mm. Xiaodan nodded slightly. There were circumstances which made that statement true. She felt bad, in a sense, that he had to live that way. She wasn't sure how to put that into words in a way that made sense. And she wasn't sure if it would be offensive if she managed to do so. Being mindful of that, Xiaodan merely kept that to herself. It was better than phrasing it badly and having it come off rudely.

"I know it doesn't look good. I just... I couldn't leave her like that. I had to try." It was difficult to put that into words too. The feeling of absolute certainty that she had to do something, even if it seemed like it would be an impossible task. She had to try, she had to do her best. Atonement, perhaps. A life for a life. One destroyed, one saved. It wouldn't balance things, she'd still pay for her crimes one day. But she'd had to try.  But the only other way she could explain it would involve explaining why she felt the need to balance things, so she left it there.

Telling someone she just met that her sorcery was perhaps only minimally controlled seemed like a terrible idea.

"I had a little vinegar before. I'll need to get more." Vinegar, and maybe honey. "But it'll have to wait until I can go to market tomorrow and blend in with the crowds at least a little." It was unfortunate, but it was what it was. "I was using magic to help, too." It wasn't enough though, and him saying that only confirmed what she'd been afraid of earlier.

She'd have to get more bandages tomorrow anyway, so, those could be added to the list.

Junai
Runaway
Slave
We are the walking burned, we hold this close to our arms We take our daily breath and thank our unlucky scars Tried to get by on bread and water. Craving blood poured from the altar now.
Jun 09, 2018, 02:25 PM / 199 Words
"The crowds are pretty bad right now," he agreed, having just snuck his way through one to get where he was now. Inwardly, he still felt alert, as if somebody was going to find them at any moment. The woman might very well have an impossible task laid before her but he didn't want to discourage her. Maybe she would manage to do something for her. Maybe just the little bit that Junai gave her by way of magic had helped, too. 

He wanted to think so. 

After a little longer of doing his best to heal her, Junai moved his hands away, turning his head away and leaning downward to shrug off a bead of sweat that rolled down the side of his face. 

"For now, we should get some rest." He flicked his gaze toward the dimming light outside. His skin itched. He didn't like it, the thought of sitting like a duck, waiting for somebody to come crashing through the way he did earlier. Junai moved away from the two women and tried to make himself comfortable against the wall. 

Xiaodan Tachibana
No title
Ujalin
Jun 10, 2018, 06:50 PM / 219 Words
Well, she didn't mind crowds exactly. But she was tired just now, and not really up to trying to get what she needed from someone who was in no way on her side. That wasn't something to do while exhausted honestly - there was too much risk of being tricked into sharing more than was safe for strangers to know. So... she'd rather rest first and go when she was working at full capacity instead of exhaustedly hearing things that weren't even there.

"You're probably right." Xiaodan murmured.

On the other hand, she found herself more nervous then than she had been since he first entered her sheltered space. If he was going to do her harm, it would be while he thought she was harmless - while she was sleeping or something like that. On the other hand, he'd offered to help healing a woman he didn't even know.

Xiaodan took a moment to rebandage the wound, not wanting to leave it open to air or insects while it wasn't being carefully monitored. Some bugs that were drawn to such wounds could carry even more illness with them. Once that was done, she settled down a little bit away from the both.

Junai
Runaway
Slave
Jun 11, 2018, 12:54 PM / 180 Words
It took a long time for Junai to get any actual sleep. When he next opened his eyes, it was dark and it seemed as though Xiaodan and the injured woman were still where he last saw them. Somewhat relieved, Junai sat up, hand to his throat to still the chain around his throat. Any noise whatsoever that would wake them might alert them. His ears flattened against his skull when he thought he heard something outside but whatever it was passed. 

Still, he waited for another good few minutes before he finally got up and quietly padded over to the place where he'd broken in. He climbed out and then gently replaced the wood as best he could without making any noises. He waited only a moment. Upon hearing nothing stirring inside, he crept out of the cluster of old buildings and ventured into the street beyond. 

He needed to put as much space between himself and this place as possible. 

(OOC: I think this thread is complete now!)
Pages 1 [2]